Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
MyECU main site
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Web based tuning aid - preview (Read 4450 times)
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Web based tuning aid - preview
01/28/20 at 12:10:12

While MyECU allows custiom tuning and auto tuning this has been at a fairly low level. What has been lacking are higher level visualization and analytical tools. So this year I'm going to focus on that side of things.

To start the ball rolling here is something you can use to see a 3D representation of your map - http://www1.myecu.biz:8080/

The Administrator.
IP Logged

sign216

Re: Web based tuning aid - preview
Reply #1 - 01/29/20 at 00:15:07

Thank you for the continued support.

Joe

IP Logged

Tom L
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Reply #2 - 01/29/20 at 21:26:27

hi Cliff,

Nice! Uploaded a couple of my concept maps just to give it a whirl. Looking good and also a sanity check of sorts: it actually reads my files.
Suggestion: could you include a checker that goes over the syntax in a map file and maybe does a couple of checks on the parameters and map values?
I would be quite happy to help out designing and testing. Can't write code though.

cheers
Tom

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #3 - 02/22/20 at 16:31:49

I've added a multiline graph in addition to the 3D graphic and some minor cosmetic improvements.
The new address for this tool will be http://mapvuer.myecu.biz/
« Last Edit: 02/29/20 at 14:57:16 by YaBB Administrator »  

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Tom L
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Reply #4 - 03/17/20 at 09:50:24

The multi lines are quite useful, I made something similar in a spreadsheet. It helps to see illogical values sometimes better than the 3D graph.
And it is good to see where parts of the maps are linear; that means you can spread out the breakpoints wider since an interpolation will give the correct value anyway. Of course for that you must check both injection and ignition timing maps to see if the linear behavior is in the same ranges. So far it seems to work nicely in the upper rev ranges.

I also make the multi line graphs in the other plane, that helps to see funny dips and crossings as well.

As for optimal breakpoints: I can imagine a software routine that analyses one or more maps and determines the amount of linearity and steps between current cells. Then it would be possible to rearrange the breakpoints such that they concentrate around the areas with the 'wildest' behavior. Of course that would always be a compromise and it should find a sort of overall best fit within a certain bandwith. You can see it as a wire frame where you position all 16+15= 31 lines of nodes so that you get the best fit over the mapped surface, with least total stress in all the connecting edges. A max entropy algorithm would do that I think.

Hmmm.... From chicken wire forming to quantum mechanics in two small steps.
It's probably complete overkill, but if it's possible, why not Smiley

cheers
Tom
« Last Edit: 03/17/20 at 09:53:36 by Tom L »  

IP Logged

Bobd

I am slowly developing
a relationship with MyEcu.

Southampton
Reply #5 - 06/15/20 at 22:36:01

Very interesting, to be honest have not played around with the MyEcu lately, will look again at.  I have found the unit I built functions well, I do find starting not so good as the stock item but no doubt that is down to me.   :

IP Logged

sign216

Reply #6 - 06/16/20 at 05:16:25

Bobd wrote on 06/15/20 at 22:36:01:
Very interesting, to be honest have not played around with the MyEcu lately, will look again at.  I have found the unit I built functions well, I do find starting not so good as the stock item but no doubt that is down to me.   :

BobD,
Starts are tough for me too, esp cold starts, with a '09 V7.  If anyone has a good approach to dialing in "starts" I'd love to hear it.
Joe

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #7 - 06/16/20 at 07:23:22

One thing to check for first is whether the ECU is doing a brownout reset due to low voltage. If it kicks back or the bluetooth drops  when cranking this could be the case. If it doesn't check the log file to see if there is any sign of a reset happening there.

If there is a brownout happening you can try charging the battery beforehand or using a booster to see if that helps.

I have lithium batteries on my bikes but my Breva 750 battery was undersized. Come winter things became more difficult with trip meter resetting and non starts. I even put debug in my code to see if there was any sign a a bug causing the issue. I ending up doubling up on the battery and it was a world of difference.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

sign216

Reply #8 - 06/19/20 at 23:53:12

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that issue.  Although I've got a lithium now, the hard starting also existed w a lead battery.  Of course both could have been undersized. 

Hot starts are fine.  Keep the throttle open, just a like carb bike.

One issue is that it's got big bore 820cc cylinders (bike is an '09 V7), so the air-fuel mix was off right from the start (which is why I got the MyECU).

Joe

IP Logged

guzzisteve
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Atl area, Georgia, USA
Reply #9 - 07/02/20 at 03:46:28

WOW, now that is real nice Cliff!!! I haven't been here for a while cause MyECU is working pretty nice. I can make it a bit smoother easier with that tool.
Hat's off to the boss here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print