Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
MyECU main site
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Optimiser for Android (Read 127549 times)
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Optimiser for Android
07/03/12 at 17:45:17

I see a lot of possibilities for the new android version of the Optimiser, especially when incorporating some the the platform's capabilities of GPS and accelerometers and the possibility to make a complete dashboard out of one.

Another possibility, because the code base is new and separate from the ECU firmware, is to make the code for the android optimiser open, allowing any of you to contribute to the features.

Please let me know if you are interested in this. It doesn't have to be writing code, laying out dialogs and  creating graphics like tacho/speedo backgrounds would also be useful as they're not my strong point.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Mad Farquhar

Slainthe mhath

Black Isle, Scotland
Re: Optimiser for Android
Reply #1 - 07/03/12 at 20:01:59

I'd be interested in getting involved in suggested layouts / graphics etc. I'd leave the code to the brainy buggers.

When the postie eventually brings my new Nexus gizmo I'll have a play and get back to you. Depending on feedback volume may be worth a separate forum section. I do like the idea of the gps data incorporated whilst logging. I know Raz has written some stuff already for LC1 and gps links but incorporating it all on one device and time / place stamping logs would be very elegant.

Any chance of emailing the Jeffries MyECU logo as per top right. Thought of making a label up for the bike with it. I was going to redraw it but don't know the font used. Think Lubho or someone else was thinking along the same lines a wee while back.

MG Sport 1100 inj
Triking
Honda ST1100
V7 Stone

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #2 - 07/03/12 at 20:04:48

You should be able to right click the logo and save it.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Mad Farquhar

Slainthe mhath

Black Isle, Scotland
Reply #3 - 07/04/12 at 05:12:32

It's only 11kB - its been optimised for website use.

MG Sport 1100 inj
Triking
Honda ST1100
V7 Stone

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #4 - 07/28/12 at 16:24:59

For those looking to try the new Optimiser here it is - http://www.cajinnovations.com/MyECU/ECUController/Optimiser01.apk

No instructions yet but there shouldn't be too many surprises. Functionality is rather limited in this version but I'm hoping to provide updates every 2-3 weeks.
Disable screen rotation - that restarts the app and only use portrait mode at this stage.

It will automatically create a time stamped log file in the MyECU directory. You should put your maps in here also. Logging is quite verbose at the moment so files could get large and you will need to manually delete them.

It will connect to the new bluetooth dongle and display the analogs, a dial for throttle and RPM and a grid that
colourises in realtime.
It transfers files to and from the ECU and to and from the MyECU directory.
User interaction is primarily through the main menu.
It has been written for Android 2.2 and I have run it
on a Samsung Galaxy S, Google Nexus 7 and in Android x86 running under virtualbox ( no bluetooth )
For those with the older bluetooth dongle it may work. I haven't tested that yet but I will add support in a future version if required.
« Last Edit: 07/28/12 at 16:42:10 by YaBB Administrator »  

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Mad Farquhar

Slainthe mhath

Black Isle, Scotland
Reply #5 - 07/29/12 at 07:06:14

Finally got passed all the crap security nonsense (non google certified apps etc)and up and on screen.
L.G.T.M. Smiley
Need to check original BT module talks to it - probably Tuesday after shift finishes for the week.
edit: the BT dongle works fine - picked up by the Nexus 7 pdq. Far better than other devices I have used. Haven't checked all the functionality but tps moves.
« Last Edit: 07/30/12 at 05:57:15 by Mad Farquhar »  

MG Sport 1100 inj
Triking
Honda ST1100
V7 Stone

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #6 - 07/30/12 at 15:51:35

Good to know.

With the first BT dongle, the ECU knows it's there (SW4) and does the initialisation of the dongle.

With the latest dongle the ECU doesn't know anything about it. When the android app connects, it does any required initialisation.

Other than that, no difference. So if it connects and you see a response there should be no further issues.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Mad Farquhar

Slainthe mhath

Black Isle, Scotland
Reply #7 - 08/02/12 at 02:54:47

OK - fired the bike up today - issue with oil seal (yes - the difficult small inner "gerra furra bassa" one) in bevel box leaking precludes actual run however bit confused.
The graphy thingy shows a nice green trace on tps v rpm and changes colour too with richness and leanness which is cool. Looked to see how to change the map inj dur and spark advance and kept arriving at the adjust map tables. Am I being dense and missing something here? How do you change the map injdurs? Is this still to be coded?

MG Sport 1100 inj
Triking
Honda ST1100
V7 Stone

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #8 - 08/02/12 at 08:42:31

No, you're jumping the gun. I haven't got that in yet.

The realtime snail trail assumes closed loop operation at the moment and may display false colours otherwise.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Mad Farquhar

Slainthe mhath

Black Isle, Scotland
Reply #9 - 08/02/12 at 22:58:11

Ok. Relieved in a way Smiley. Am "getting" Adobe CS 6 and will start a mock up gui for the Nexus 7 meantime. Will forward when sorted out.

MG Sport 1100 inj
Triking
Honda ST1100
V7 Stone

IP Logged

Mad Farquhar

Slainthe mhath

Black Isle, Scotland
Reply #10 - 08/15/12 at 22:49:15

YaBB Administrator wrote on 08/02/12 at 08:42:31:
No, you're jumping the gun. I haven't got that in yet.

The realtime snail trail assumes closed loop operation at the moment and may display false colours otherwise.

Any more developments Cliff? I have good weather and time off - unusual coincidence!

MG Sport 1100 inj
Triking
Honda ST1100
V7 Stone

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #11 - 08/16/12 at 08:32:37

Will have a new version in a few days.
New features are
Axis display on the grid
Air pressure and temps moved from text status line to graphics.
Some noise removed from log.
« Last Edit: 08/18/12 at 10:44:13 by YaBB Administrator »  

The Administrator.
IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #12 - 08/18/12 at 10:44:26

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Mad Farquhar

Slainthe mhath

Black Isle, Scotland
Reply #13 - 08/19/12 at 19:09:01

It may be something I have done (or not done) but the closed loop is showing as inactive on the Nexus 7. I disconnected optimiser, connected BT dongle, and flipped the dip switch to on for closed loop. Heading back later to a pals to pick the bike up (bbq + beer last night Smiley) and will check dip switch is correct - maybe arse about tit. Anything else I should look for?
Also any chance of scaling up the gui to fill the Nexus 7 screen - I am a tad visually challenged. Need to chat about how to customise the gui - failing badly to make the leap. Could you send me the code rather than the app to see if I can work out how to customise the fields on the screen?
Ta in advance.
g

MG Sport 1100 inj
Triking
Honda ST1100
V7 Stone

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #14 - 08/19/12 at 21:36:33

You might be right about that. Closed loop is next for moving to graphics.

Its too early in the development to be doing code drops.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print