Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
MyECU main site
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New features for MyECU (Read 6773 times)
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
New features for MyECU
10/15/13 at 15:22:05

The latest firmware now has the following features -

1) Sidestand inhibit input. This input basically gates the fuel pump output.

2) Gear shifter input. A 60ms inhibit of the fuel injectors to facilitate quick shift.

To use these features you will need to add your own input circuitry. In its simplest form this can be a switch to ground.

These features should be available for all MyECU variants and versions.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Bobd

I am slowly developing
a relationship with MyEcu.

Southampton
Re: New features for MyECU
Reply #1 - 10/19/13 at 19:12:11

Any chance of expanding on this post, don't most bikes already have side stand cut-out. I like the quick shift modification just not sure how you would connect it to the myecu, which pin etc?

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #2 - 10/19/13 at 20:09:23

Most bikes is not all bikes. It was a feature that was specifically requested.

The inputs go to pins 1 and 2 ( on the 40 pin DIP ) for the side stand ( or tip over ) and the shifter respectively. Its pins 40 and 41 for the My15M chip

The chip has these pin defined as inputs with an internal pullup resistor of ~10k. So to activate it you just need to pull these pins to 0V.

In its simplest case this could be done with just a switch but to be safer you might want to put a 1K resistor in series with the switch.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Bobd

I am slowly developing
a relationship with MyEcu.

Southampton
Reply #3 - 10/20/13 at 01:55:17

The 'tip over' switch is good idea may save a lot of grief should you drop the bike - I suppose a reed switch would do.

IP Logged

Rickf4
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Reply #4 - 10/20/13 at 08:10:45

Cliff designed this stuff at my request. Cant thank him enough, specially for the quick-shifter function!!! No more piggy back crap!

In my MV, the side stand safety is done in the ecu cutting the engine, so that why I asked this feature so I can keep this safety function.

MV seems to be the only bike with this function on the ecu.

You can use it for other functions that need to cut the fuel pump.

I will ad here the circuit I use for reference.

The quick-shifter is a fantastic feature and it's working great on my bike. Even from first to second. Where the dead time is more problematic.
I know that 60ms is about right for my bike because I tested this on power commander I previously had on the bike.

I can say that this one designed by cliff is better than the one on the PC3. Cheesy

For this feature you need a sensor on the gear linkage. Different bikes have different needs of sensor like push or pull depending of the movement of the linkage, or race pattern shifting.

There are some DIY ideas around the net so study those as well. 

I use a 22k resistor from +5volt to MCU in 2 and a 4u7 electrolytic cap from the in to ground. You can use the 1k resistor Cliff refers in the earlier post if you sensor is zero ohm when activated.

« Last Edit: 10/20/13 at 08:12:10 by Rickf4 »  

IP Logged

Guzziando
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Cambridge, UK
Reply #5 - 12/06/14 at 10:56:40

Hi,

Where do I find the latest firmware for my16m ECU?

IP Logged

raz

Guzzi 11OO Sport, My16MkV,
Innovate LC-1

Stockholm, Sweden
Reply #6 - 12/07/14 at 11:30:16

There is no download link if that's what you mean. Cliff is the "if it works, don't mess with it" type of guy (so much smarter than the rest of us Wink so normally you'd only get an update if you have an actual problem that an update could resolve. Having said that, I believe he'll hand you an update by email if you really want to, after establishing what exact hardware you have.

59° North
1100 Sport iniezione elettronica -- the perfect merge of a superbike and a steam train

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print