Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
MyECU main site
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ducati 916 - first tests (Read 2916 times)
CAN916
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

ducati 916 - first tests
06/08/15 at 02:42:23

I have just installed the 16M MyECU in my '98 Ducati 916 and so far very pleased with the results. Virtually all the irritating traits of the original have been eliminated, chugging, bucking, stalling, etc. I feel there is still lots of improvements to make, as the cruse feels fat but sadly the O2 sensors are in next seasons budget, so for now i will just make very conservative trims to my map and see if i can get some fuel range back.

There are a couple of things I would appreciate advice on, as a few small issues came up on my test rides and I'm not sure of the most efficient way to resolve the, minor, issues:

1. I have a flat spot at idle during warm up, I assume lean, between 40 and 65 C is there a way to adjust the engine temperature choking boost and still maintain 0 enrichment at operating temperature?

2. With my original map (stock for the 916) and fuel pressure regulator i had a miss on 100% throttle above 8000 rpm . the miss felt like a false revlimiter and if I reduced the throttle input to ~80% the engine would pull to redline. After some digging it seems as though if you request fuel that exceeds 720deg crank rotation per ignition cycle (not really possible) as per this formula - 0.000006*RPM*(pulse width + injector offset)micro seconds - the ecu cuts ignition/fuel.

I have since trimmed my map (attached) and installed a 4bar pressure regulator, the symptoms in case 2 have virtually been eliminated, just some fine tuning to go. Has anyone experienced these symptoms or have any advice as to the potential cause of the miss?

Thanks in advance and a great upgrade from the origional WM, i wish i had upgraded sooner.

ecutest2_cruse-5.ecu (11 KB | 464 )

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Re: ducati 916 - first tests
Reply #1 - 06/12/15 at 05:52:27

The follow line in the map affects the "choking"

# OilT is the permanent choking boost
#Temp C   -30   -20   -10     0    10    20    25    30    40    50    60    70    80    90   100   110   125
OilT%   +64.1 +53.1 +43.8 +35.2 +29.7 +22.7 +16.4  +9.4  +5.5  +0.0

The last 3 numbers are what you are after but keep the last at 0

I've just posted a new map for a similar bike. You might want to try that and compare.

You're probably right about using more than 720 but I suggest keeping your values less. I've seen very little difference with injector advance apart from a few % economy. Not really applicable over 8000 RPM

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print