Send Topic Print
Control LEDs on PCB (Read 330 times)
Wheel
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Control LEDs on PCB
02/05/23 at 04:23:59

Hello all

Just putted my new My16M very nice expirence can wait for it to get summer here in Denmark.

If you are re designing the PCB one day , perhaps good idear to add a few LEDs and resistores , would be nice with indicator for 12v , 5v & if you have a free pin on the MCU would also be nice with a LED flashing to see the MCU is up running, perhaps others.
Think could be nice when sold as DiyKit as it makes it easyer to see if ok or not without mesuring equipment.

Just and idear , we used it in some boards I was involved designing long time ago now.

Rgds

Pierre

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Re: Control LEDs on PCB
Reply #1 - 02/05/23 at 09:22:15

Hi Pierre
The LEDs are an excellent idea.
I've just moved to a new online PCB design tool, easyeda.com, from the old Windows PCB layout tool I was using.
I'm currently debugging the new boards. I haven't put LEDs on yet but I'll add some for the next iteration.

The link below is for the new My16M layout. A few minor errors as the schematics for all the MyECUs were just in my head.
The new tool lets me enter the schematics first.

Cliff
https://photos.app.goo.gl/egSDzKEcBvYmDTvK9

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Wheel
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Re: Control LEDs on PCB
Reply #2 - 02/05/23 at 20:34:38

Hello Cliff
That is very cool. I see you have a new SMD type MCU that makes great sense.
One thing I also thought about was the rj45 connector.
You have to bend the cable very hard 90deg in the box to get the Bluetooth module out. If possible, using a type 90 deg bend instead of straight would solve this problem.
I was working with PCB design in welding machines, years back so got a little experience with Orcad for both Simulation , Schematics and PCB design.  if that still exist (17-18 years ago)

Will give that site easyeda.com a closer, look good at first impression Smiley

Pierre Juhl

Denmark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print