Send Topic Print
Started 98EV MyP-8 (Read 23054 times)
guzzisteve
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Atl area, Georgia, USA
Re: Started 98EV MyP-8
Reply #15 - 09/20/11 at 15:39:23

It is hard to find a strait & flat road that lasts for miles around here. 
Optimizer said 22% more, I added 10% cause I didn't want to get too far.   I added 10% more to the whole map at the start.
I haven't done any plug checks at different throttle settings yet, but at 1100 idle the Colortune showed a nice blue flame. I checked w/ Autotune on and 2% more would be too much.
I also didn't know if that spot was too much spark advance, which I haven't messed w/at all. I like to do one thing at a time.
I found a Dyno guy too, one of the best around here.

Would an O2 sensor automatically adjust fueling for my Mistrals & K+N open top airbox?     I'm saving up for one.

IP Logged

guzzisteve
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Atl area, Georgia, USA
Reply #16 - 09/21/11 at 12:44:32

I added 20% to area and 10% around it, still backfires

Then 30% w/ same backfire.  Got to be spark adv.

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #17 - 09/21/11 at 12:57:43

Perhaps the backfire is not due to lean conditions.
Is the backfire better or worse. That's ambiguous isn't it? Is the area of the map affected, more or less

On the main Optimiser menu -
http://www.cajinnovations.com/MyECU/Optimiser_manual.html , which of the 3 displays are you seeing?

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Mad Farquhar

Slainthe mhath

Black Isle, Scotland
Reply #18 - 09/21/11 at 19:30:06

Dont want to presume however I had a case of injector blowing off initially when first playing with myECU and thus suspected a leak at the inlet rubber junctions so tightened the clamps up really tight - they were quite loose in hindsight.
Also heard that if you squirt some carb cleaner or similar at the rubbers you may detect a change if there is an induction leak. Never tried it myself. Just a thought - especially if you blew one off too.
I run my Sporti with K&Ns direct on injectors and have a set of open Lafranconis but prefer the originals cans at the moment. Believe Raz mentioned top end suffers without original air box gubbins on Sporti's - not sure if this impacts other m/c's. I may be tending towards that notion now too as I get more logging in. I used the space where airbox was for part of the optimiser (pcb) and will need to mod that if I do revert - winter job.

MG Sport 1100 inj
Triking
Honda ST1100
V7 Stone

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #19 - 09/22/11 at 07:23:55

Another thing, if you are not noticing any changes you need to review your procedures for doing the changes. It could be you aren't changing what you think you are.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

guzzisteve
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Atl area, Georgia, USA
Reply #20 - 09/22/11 at 16:33:45

I am looking at the first screen on menu, for open loop.
I'm not ruling out that I'm not getting the right cells or I am using the right procedure.
On slowing slightly w/throttle, as rpm comes down I am watching rpm readout, it gets to 3K rpm, starts popping. Then I look at the TPS or throttle setting to see where it it at, it reads right around 200, as it slows in rpm the TPS reading is continuing down to 150 and a bit lower. Trying to do all this very slowly w/throttle hand.
Next I changed fueling in the cells above and below the 200 line of cells including 200 line and in between 3K rpm to 1700 rpm with global map adjust.
If I chop the throttle to completely closed at 3K rpm or any rpm there is no popping at all.
My intake boots are fairly new and I had snugged up clamps after the bodies blew off on coughing after I flipped the coil switch (has not done anything like that since) .
I won't have more time to tune till my next days off, Mon & Tues

IP Logged

Mad Farquhar

Slainthe mhath

Black Isle, Scotland
Reply #21 - 09/22/11 at 21:14:42

YaBB Administrator wrote on 09/22/11 at 07:23:55:
Another thing, if you are not noticing any changes you need to review your procedures for doing the changes. It could be you aren't changing what you think you are.

Maybe the previous "cut and paste" includes line feeds and other invisible rich text stuff that makes the map unusable? I've been there and got that particular T-shirt. I use one text editor now for any mappy stuff - jEdit which I can get for both Mac and Windaes.
« Last Edit: 09/22/11 at 21:19:19 by Mad Farquhar »  

MG Sport 1100 inj
Triking
Honda ST1100
V7 Stone

IP Logged

guzzisteve
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Atl area, Georgia, USA
Reply #22 - 09/22/11 at 22:00:35

Ok, now I understand.  I think the last time I started all over I had used global adjust to make all changes but to a later map. I can go back to the original from Cliff again and only change it w/global adjust. Thank You

IP Logged

YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #23 - 09/23/11 at 06:19:21

If you use the ECUController to make the make changes you should do a "diff" with the previous map just as a double check.
When doing the smaller changes I recommend just using notepad or similar to make the changes manually and using the ECUController just to upload and download the maps.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Luhbo

I Like My15M!

Germany
Reply #24 - 09/23/11 at 23:31:39

'diff' sounds great. Where can I find it?

IP Logged

raz

Guzzi 11OO Sport, My16MkV,
Innovate LC-1

Stockholm, Sweden
Reply #25 - 09/24/11 at 04:23:28

Luhbo wrote on 09/23/11 at 23:31:39:
'diff' sounds great. Where can I find it?

The best I know is Meld but I haven't tried it under Windows (see this however).

Otherwise, just google "windows diff gui"

(the original "diff" command is found in any flavor of unix as well as cygwin or mingw but it's text-only)
« Last Edit: 09/24/11 at 04:28:23 by raz »  

59° North
1100 Sport iniezione elettronica -- the perfect merge of a superbike and a steam train

IP Logged

Luhbo

I Like My15M!

Germany
Reply #26 - 09/25/11 at 06:21:17

Thank you. Thought it was an EcuControl feature Sad
« Last Edit: 09/25/11 at 06:21:36 by Luhbo »  

IP Logged

guzzisteve
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Atl area, Georgia, USA
Reply #27 - 09/28/11 at 00:28:38

I've been using notepad for changes, just to be sure they are made.
I may have found the problem, will find out later. It seems w/I turned off the Techlusion fuel box for stock ecu, I had turned the pot for the rpm switchover from lower end fuelling to upper rpm fuelling to lowest setting instead of highest setting for off. It helps to retrace my steps, and now start all over.

IP Logged

guzzisteve
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Atl area, Georgia, USA
Re: Started 98EV MyP-8ght up
Reply #28 - 03/30/12 at 13:59:13

Well, I'm at it again. This time w/better success.

Had to get a new puter.                                                  Started right up, couple funny spots to fix . Didn't run to bad.

IP Logged

guzzisteve
YaBB Newbies

I love MyECU!

Atl area, Georgia, USA
Reply #29 - 04/10/12 at 10:38:05

Well, I'm on #37 map, added 30% fuel to the whole map, and additional some 40% more on the bottom. Kept the idle area what was working the best @ 61tps. Idles great at 1050-1100 rpm.  I started all over 3 times on 2 weekends, but am real close.  Now to do plug chops.

The last 2 days I have been basically running the same map and averaged 50mpg over freeway and back roads.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print